There are a lot of concerns about the mental health of students in public and private schools that cause them to be violent towards the society. Lots of factors make them that way which include negligence by the society, violent death of a closed one, peer pressure, poverty, domestic abuse, sexual abuse and a lot more. Every school has a certain percentage of students struggling with different mental health conditions that have forced them to be withdrawn and even violent towards their teachers and fellow students. Some other behavioral traits are also very disturbing to the normal growth of these students.
Mental Health Benefits of Student Fostering
There are many mental health benefits of student fostering in schools and they go a long way to helping a child have a stable life. These include;
* Having a mental health provider employed by schools to ensure that the students are properly accessed and diagnosed.
* There are a lot of students whose mental health conditions have made them undisciplined in schools. This is a problem for the school authorities, teachers and other students as well. A proper counseling to these students can help them become more disciplined and less of a problem to their schools.
* Mental health treatment for these young people also helps them to be very responsible towards the society.
* Medical clinics in schools help students get access for treatment on health issues, especially their mental health problems.
* Mental health providers help students get the best of counseling with a one-on-one session. This allow the suicide-prone and depressed students to open up to their counsellors and get all the necessary help they can get.
* The mental benefits of student fostering make it possible for the students to open up more to school counsellors and mental health service providers than at home, religious gatherings or other counseling programs.
* One of the best benefits students get through student fostering is that a constant mental check up and treatment help them heal faster than usual.
* The school has a duty of not only giving students education but also improving their mental life in order for them to come out of every mental illness they have and be an added value to the society.
* Student fostering makes students feel valued and comfortable enough to open up and get all the treatment they deserve for a better life.
* Mental health care services and inspiring school programmes help students feel supported and gain confidence to face their fears and come out from being depressed, withdrawn, violent, less traumatic, having constant suicidal thoughts and a whole lot of other behavioral issues.
The School’s Role in Fostering Students and in Society
In additional to the importance of good family relationship, schools have a great role to play in healing students with mental illnesses. In fact, all schools are meant to give students all the support they need to make them feel cared for rather than judging them based on their behavioral attitudes. Mental health benefits of fostering students have really been an added value to the society.