People engage in exercise for different reasons such as to enhance talent, to earn a living, as a hobby, to keep fit or even as a health intervention measure. As a health professional will tell you, exercise is good for you. There are different kinds of exercises that target to tone various parts of the body. Tummy exercise tones the abdominal muscles and enhance good posture and improve metabolism for better absorption of nutrients.
The abdomen is made up of different muscles with some that are more obvious to notice and smaller ones that may be not so obvious. Proper muscle exercise should tone the entire tummy muscles for optimum results. It is vital to do tummy exercises according to your level to avoid injury.
Knee-up with Overhead Press
This exercise begins with you sitting on the floor or mat
- Sit with feet on the floor or mat, your knees should be bent and hold your dumbbells
Sit-ups are good for strengthening your upper abdomen and the core and tone abdominal muscles. Strong muscles help enhance metabolism which is vital for burning fats in the long run. You can use the following steps to do a sit-up:
- Lie flat on your back, with bent knees and the feet planted on the ground or floor.
- Hold the tips of your fingers behind your ears
- Lift up the upper part of your body off the ground towards the knees.
- Exhale as you come up and try holding your breathe
- Inhale as you lower your body to the starting position
- Do the same for 15 to 25 times
Pike and Extend
Crunch and Twist
Crunch exercise is ideal for strengthening the rectus abdominis muscles and the obliques. In this respect, studies have shown that it is more effective than full sit-ups. The crunch and twist exercise has several variations to choose from. The following basic steps can help you do the crunch and twist tummy exercise:
- You lie down on the floor with bent knee and feet planted flat on the ground
- Bring you’re the tips of your fingers to touch your ears
- Lift the upper trunk of your body off the ground while twisting it so the opposite elbow touches or nearly touches the opposite knee.
- Exhale as you lift your body and try to hold your breathe
- Inhale as you lower your upper part of the body to the ground.
- Lift your upper trunk to repeat the same but this time, twist towards the alternate knee
- Repeat the exercise 10 to 15 times
For those with degenerative disc disease, osteoporosis or low back pain, crunches may not be medically recommended.
This exercise can stimulate the abdominal muscles more effectively than the crunch. It works the back muscles also by giving the added strength. The following tips can help you do the plank:
- Go down on the floor or mat in a push-up position
- Bend your elbows to lie 90 degrees
- Support your weight on your elbows and balls of your feet and lift your body to lie in a straight line.
- Tack in your tummy tight and hold for 30 to 60 seconds. Repeat 2 to 3 times. You can continue extending your holding time gradually.
It should be noted that exercise alone won’t help you lose weight. You should get your diet in order and use a weight loss product or gewichtsverlust pille to help you lose excess fat. Combine a solid diet, a fat loss supplement that works and the training in the video below and you will be on your weight to 6 pack abs!